A USSF & US Youth Soccer-Aligned Approach to Development
Soccer Development for All Ages
This personalized, adaptive approach to teaching fundamental soccer skills, when combined with the Skills Institutes’ low player-to-coach ratio, results in a fun, fast-paced learning environment that inspires players to achieve their personal goals as athletes, whether playing on club or school teams or playing pick-up soccer with friends. Our curriculum matches the USSF’s U.S. Soccer Curriculum. This age-appropriate instructional framework helps to guide overall player development in technical skill, tactical knowledge, physical ability, and social & psychological awareness. With this approach, we can provide age-appropriate clinics and classes that directly meet the needs of local clubs and youth soccer associations. Our classes are timely too, because we try to schedule to accommodate the schedule and tryouts of most local youth soccer associations. That’s why the Skills Institute is a great fit for a wide variety of players, including first-time players, Lil’ Kickers graduates who are looking to join local youth soccer teams, and club players looking for a leg up in progressing to higher levels of competition. The Skills Institute has a foundational approach to training the youth of today in a fun, safe environment that meets kids at their entry point and develops them to the next level. Visit the Lil’ Kickers website to learn more about the Skills Institute program.
DEVELOPMENTAL BENEFITS TO SMALL-SIDED SOCCER
- Climate control (no exposure to outdoor elements/weather)
- Fast-paced game with minimal stoppages
- More touches on the ball per player
- Improved fitness levels
- Develop small group defending, attacking, and transition
- Improves players’ individual skills
- Kids love it and find indoor soccer to be “fun”
- Encourage quicker speed of play
Not sure where to place your child? This program offers a variety of classes for ages 5 – 12 years. Have a younger child? Check out our Lil’ Kickers program!
Level 1: Ages 5-6, 7-8
The focus will be on the basic fundamentals of player development through dribbling, passing, shooting, trapping, and how to use each skill effectively in a game. Level 1 will take players through a challenging 50-minute weekly session of fundamental skill building and competitive drills/games to develop self-confidence in practices and game situations.
10 Classes: $202.50
Skills Institute 5 – 6 Level I
- Date: Tuesday, January 3rd, 2023 – Tuesday, March 7th, 2023 / 10 classes
Times: 1:00 p.m. – 1:50 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. – 6:50 p.m. (Class held inside on Turf B and Turf A)
- Date: Saturday, January 7th, 2023 – Saturday, March 11th, 2023 / 10 classes
Times: 9:00 a.m. – 9:50 a.m. (Class held inside on Turf A)
Skills Institute 7 – 8 Level I
- Date: Sunday, January 8th, 2023 – Sunday, March 12th, 2023 / 10 classes
Times: 10:00 a.m. – 10:50 a.m. (Class held inside on Turf A)
Customers may transfer their child at any point in the session.
All class transfers are dependent upon space availability.
MAKE UP CLASSES
You are allowed to make up any missed classes within the session in which you are enrolled, subject to space availability. We typically offer many other class times, so usually, this is not a problem; however, we cannot guarantee that space will be available. And note that you cannot carryover make-up classes into later sessions. To coordinate a make-up class, you must contact Coach Mere at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-466-7100 ext. 114.
FREE TRIAL CLASSES
We do offer one free trial class to new customers to see if their children enjoy the Skills Institute experience. The free trial policy is usually limited to one free class per child. Click here to schedule a Free Trial, or contact Meredith Haymond.
Customers may only do trials in classes that have space available.
- Administration Fee required. This yearly administration fee, once paid, covers all individual registrations for all programs throughout the year. Learn more.
- Almost every activity has a minimum number of registrants needed to cover the expenses or to make it enjoyable for everyone (think sports games and scrimmages). Classes may be subject to cancellation if there is insufficient enrollment. If you see an activity you like, don’t hesitate to sign up today!
- All registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No spaces in any class are guaranteed without payment.
Stay in the know about all of our current and upcoming programs.
Our e-newsletter is delivered by Constant Contact. We will never share, sell or otherwise release your personal information to any outside or third-party organizations.